CASTRIES, St Lucia — A Jamaican national charged with capital murder has been formally accused in connection with the January 19 killing of 27-year-old Cresean Biscombe in La Clery, Castries, police confirmed.
The accused has been identified as Javier Cleveland Bailey, who was arrested during investigations into the fatal shooting. Police said the incident occurred during an attempted robbery at a local supermarket where Biscombe was employed as a security guard.
Police had earlier confirmed details of the fatal La Clery shooting that left the security guard dead, as investigators worked to establish the circumstances surrounding the attack.
Authorities said Bailey was formally charged with capital murder on Tuesday, January 27. He appeared before the First District Court on Wednesday, January 28, where he was remanded into custody pending further proceedings.
Police confirmed that investigations into the killing remain ongoing. Another suspect is currently in custody assisting investigators as authorities continue efforts to identify and apprehend additional individuals believed to have been involved.
The shooting occurred in La Clery, a densely populated area within Castries, and has renewed public concern over violent crime linked to armed robberies targeting commercial establishments.
The Royal Saint Lucia Police Force said further updates will be provided as new information is confirmed through the investigation and the courts.






























